ENVIRONMENTALTo ensure leaving the smallest possible footprint on the environment, SPRADLING® has taken many steps towards eco-friendly Coated Fabric production. The manufacturing facilities in Colombia and Costa Rica have been equipped with state-of-the-art technologies that make efficient use of natural resources and prevent harmful by-products from being released into the environment.
ENERGY & EMISSIONS
Facilities located in the southern hemisphere rely heavily on natural energy for production. Recycled thermal oil, the cleanest method available, fuels the manufacturing process, allowing an efficient and clean return of air back into the environment. Before being released, all emissions are scrubbed and 99% of impurities are sanitised. With a useful life of nearly ten years, this closed loop thermal oil system is subject to careful disposal. Once the recourse is diminished it is sent to government certified suppliers for incineration.
FREE CARBON FOOTPRINT PROCESS
With our Production Facility in Costa Rica, we have become a company with a Carbon Neutral Process, so we support the commitment of Costa Rica in this important aspect of the care of our planet.
The verification was conducted by The Earth University who have certified that CO2 emissions into the atmosphere are compensated for with our forest plantation, minimising the impact to the greenhouse effect in the world.
SPRADLING® will continue to protect the most demanding habitats worldwide, ensuring that the manufacturing process of our coated fabrics from Costa Rica can be offset against our carbon footprint.
CLEAN WATER RECOVERYSPRADLING® realises that water is one of the world's most valuable resources and should be regarded as such. At both plants, residual waste water is never spilled directly into public pipelines. Instead, it is directed into a holding system that analyses and treats pH and acidity levels. Solvents, used during the manufacturing process, are distilled through a filtering system that allows for re-use ensuring that nothing enters the water supply.
RECYCLING & REUTILISATIONEach step of the manufacturing operation takes into account the full potential of resources. Having facilities situated near the rainforest of Costa Rica and in Colombia, SPRADLING® monitors and conforms to applicable international environmental laws and has met them consistently in all production locations.
IN PRODUCTIONAt the Colombia facility, 85% of waste incurred is reused in the creation of new material. The remaining 15% is disposed of appropriately through incineration or sold to third parties for other production processes. If incineration practices are used, corresponding certificates are always obtained in accordance to strict federal regulations. With the utmost concern for environmental awareness the Costa Rica site sells packaging and paper waste (tanks, boxes, release paper) to the local communities. What is left within the pipeline is utilised to manufacture new material. All additives that enhance the flexibility of SPRADLING® coated fabric are recovered fully and circulated back into manufacturing.
SUSTAINABILITYThe long product life cycle of Coated Fabric reduces the need for frequent replacement. When the time does come, however, there are opportunities for conversion into other useful commodities. 100% of post manufactured product goes to other industries.
IN APPLICATIONThe recommended products for cleaning and maintaining the appearance of Coated Fabrics are 100% biodegradable. The useful life of Coated Fabrics is substantially longer than any other synthetic material. Their long service life limits the need for early replacement and therefore consumer disposal of worn material. This also calls for fewer natural resources to be used for production.